Liberal Arts Transfer — Science (LATS) graduates at Massasoit can earn their Associate’s Degree and enter a four-year school as a sophomore or junior–but what comes after that?
Below are are some examples of positions Bachelor of Science graduates are qualified for:
Fill a complex, key in vivo research role involving collaboration with other R&D Scientists to generate in vivo mouse and rat research datasets.
Review in vivo study protocols with supervisor, obtain copies of all records associated with the animals in a given study (including animal health reports, cage records, etc.). Responsibility for data collection and accurate record keeping.
- Handle research animals for the purpose of administering oral, IP, IV, or SQ administrations of research substances.
- Document procedures and routine measurements (weight, health status, etc) as required.
- Collection of blood or urine from live rodents. Collection of tissues by necropsy. Processing tissue as necessary.
- Accountable for meeting scheduled completion dates and for providing timely feedback to supervisor when dates cannot be met.
Manufacturing Technician at Quanterix
The Reagent Manufacturing Technician II duties will span a broad range of activities within the manufacturing operations at Quanterix. The Reagent Manufacturing Technician II is primarily responsible for delivering manufacturing requirements against production schedule within a focused manufacturing operation and/or product segment. This individual will also participate in manufacturing processes to support new product design transfer, process validations, documentation improvement and investigations and resolution of product/process issues. The position is responsible for performing maintenance and calibration of manufacturing measuring and monitoring devices as well as maintaining the integrity of work areas.
Manufacturing environment is a high complexity, variable batch production environment. The site is responsible for standard and custom Quanterix reagent product lines encompassing a broad range of therapeutic products.
Research Associate at UMass Medical School
This position will be involved with all Reagent Manufacturing Operations for Simoa HD-1 assay components. Responsibilities will include but not limited to bottle/vial filling, buffer diluent formulation, kitting and protein conjugates.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or Designee, the Research Associate performs a variety of complex research experiments.
- Conducts in-depth analysis of research experiments
- Performs complex laboratory experiments
- Interprets data, forms conclusion, and decides on and plans next experiments to be done with a high degree of independence
- Compiles and analyzes data and performs computations using image analysis software, spreadsheets, graphing, and curve fitting software
- May modify protocols and be responsible for a single, independent research project
- Assists in writing the text of scientific publications and grants. Reviews literature
- Trains new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
- Maintains laboratory supplies and equipment
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
- 1 year relevant research experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
- Prior mammalian cell culture experience
- Experience with molecular biology laboratory techniques
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, or designee
May functionally supervise Lab Technicians and Aides
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.